Parallel Parking Tips
Driving to your next coffee roaster around Seattle, or headed to your favorite library branch? You’ll probably have to parallel park. Learn parallel parking tips and parallel parking dimensions here at Honda of Kirkland.
How to Parallel Park
Sure, you’ve taken driver’s ed and you’ve passed your test at the Seattle DMV. Still, you may not remember how to parallel park. That’s why Honda of Kirkland is here to help with these useful parallel parking tips, for practice:
- Find a parking space that’s long enough to fit your vehicle, with a bit of room to spare.
- Put your turn signal on.
- Make sure there’s nothing behind you by checking your rearview and side view mirrors.
- Line up your vehicle with the one in front of your desires parking spot.
- Take another look around the vehicle, including your blind spots, to make sure your path is clear.
- Shift the gear knob into reverse.
- Slowly take your foot off the brake and begin inching back.
- Begin turning the steering wheel when you’re able to see the front bumper of the car your were aligned with.
- Keep reversing at around a 45 degree angle.
- Turn your steering wheel in the other direction when you start getting close to the curb.
- Back up until you’re into the spot.
- Inch forward and straighten out the vehicle.
Parallel Parking Dimensions
Parallel parking dimensions can vary somewhat depending on the population and vehicle density of the area you’re in, as well as the size of your vehicle. In general, though, most parallel parking spots are between 9 and 12 feet in length, as well as around 4 feet or so width.
Get a Car That’s Good for City Driving at Honda of Kirkland!
Honda of Kirkland has a number of new Hondas for sale that are great for city driving, including the small but versatile Honda Fit and fun-to-drive Honda Civic. Plus, our full lineup of Honda vehicles come with advanced driver assistance features that makes parallel parking easier. Contact us today to learn more about Seattle driving, or to learn more parallel parking tips!
Related Posts from Honda of Kirkland
Seattle sure is booming. But with all its growth comes more traffic. If you’re interested in finding a better way to navigate the city during rush hour or on hectic weekends, you’ll want to rely on Honda of Kirkland’s helpful guide. Learn how to navigate Seattle traffic successfully with Honda of Kirkland. Seattle Library FAQs and Facts Contact Us…
The service experts at Honda of Kirkland get plenty of questions about Honda warning lights, such as what the Honda Accord warning lights mean or what the Honda CR-V warning lights mean. Fortunately, for Woodinville drivers, Honda warning lights are generally the same between models. We’re happy to help you understand what the warning lights mean with…
Can a bike fit in a Honda? Here, we’ll guide you through the cargo capacity and interior space of Honda vehicles. Get the full scoop here, and then get your next bike-friendly Honda here at Honda of Kirkland by Woodinville. Contact Us Which Honda Vehicles Can Fit a Bike Inside? You can fit a full-size bike into…