How to Clean Leather Car Seats
Redmond drivers know that Honda models have luxurious interiors. But how do you best clean your leather car seats? Learn the specifics of leather car seat care here at Honda of Kirkland.
Check for Perforated Leather
Before you get started on cleaning your leather seats on your Honda Accord, make sure to inspect the upholstery to see if it is perforated. If you have perforated leather seats, you’ll want to prevent any moisture from seeping into the perforations. If moisture seeps into your perforations, your leather seats may get damaged.
Read Your Honda Owner’s Manual
Some vehicles come with specific instructions for cleaning the leather upholstery, including suggested products and methods. Before you clean yours, take a look at the owner’s manual of your Civic Hatchback or Honda Pilot for specific instructions.
How to Care for Leather Seats
- Vacuum your seats with a portable hose, making sure to get dirt debris out of the corners of the seats. If you can’t find a high-quality vacuum around the house, a gas station around Woodinville should do the trick.
- Remove small pieces of dirt with a soft, microfiber cloth.
- Brushthe upholstery with a leather cleaning product. Use your muscle! Be firm and somewhat abrasive in order to remove dirt that’s stuck on those seats.
- Wipe the seats after you’ve finished brushing them.
- Condition the upholstery with a microfiber cloth and a water-based pH-neutral conditioner. Doing so will make sure the leather stays healthy and doesn’t crack.
- Park your car in the shade or in your Seattle garage. Doing so will help the conditioner set in.
- Buff your seats with a microfiber cloth after a few days.
- Regularly clean your leather upholstery.
Find Professional Honda Service Near Redmond
Looking for quality Honda service near Redmond? Learn more about our car maintenance tips and tricks like how to sanitize your car, or take advantage of our service specials! While you’re here, check out the best Honda cars in history, and don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Related Posts from Honda of Kirkland
As you search for your next SUV, you need a ride that can elevate your Redmond travels, and that’s why there’s nothing like the support of the new 2022 Honda HR-V interior. With more Honda HR-V seating and cargo space designed to meet your needs along with many advanced cabin features and amenities, see why…
A fuel efficient SUV can make all the difference to your Redmond commute, and you can take your fuel savings to the next level with the outstanding new 2022 Honda CR-V hybrid mpg ratings. With several Honda CR-V hybrid trims to choose from that deliver added performance capabilities to keep you moving to your next…
There’s a lot a new SUV should provide to enhance your Redmond travels, and that’s just what you’ll find when you shop the new 2022 Honda CR-V configurations. With five distinct trim options to explore, as well as a hybrid variant, it’s easy to bring home a model that exceeds your expectations. Get a closer…