How to Clean Leather Car Seats
Redmond drivers know that Honda models have luxurious interiors. But how do you best clean your leather car seats? Learn the specifics of leather car seat care here at Honda of Kirkland.
Check for Perforated Leather
Before you get started on cleaning your leather seats on your Honda Accord, make sure to inspect the upholstery to see if it is perforated. If you have perforated leather seats, you’ll want to prevent any moisture from seeping into the perforations. If moisture seeps into your perforations, your leather seats may get damaged.
Read Your Honda Owner’s Manual
Some vehicles come with specific instructions for cleaning the leather upholstery, including suggested products and methods. Before you clean yours, take a look at the owner’s manual of your Civic Hatchback or Honda Pilot for specific instructions.
How to Care for Leather Seats
- Vacuum your seats with a portable hose, making sure to get dirt debris out of the corners of the seats. If you can’t find a high-quality vacuum around the house, a gas station around Woodinville should do the trick.
- Remove small pieces of dirt with a soft, microfiber cloth.
- Brushthe upholstery with a leather cleaning product. Use your muscle! Be firm and somewhat abrasive in order to remove dirt that’s stuck on those seats.
- Wipe the seats after you’ve finished brushing them.
- Condition the upholstery with a microfiber cloth and a water-based pH-neutral conditioner. Doing so will make sure the leather stays healthy and doesn’t crack.
- Park your car in the shade or in your Seattle garage. Doing so will help the conditioner set in.
- Buff your seats with a microfiber cloth after a few days.
- Regularly clean your leather upholstery.
Find Professional Honda Service Near Redmond
Looking for quality Honda service near Redmond? Learn more about our car maintenance tips and tricks, or take advantage of our service specials! While you’re here, check out the best Honda cars in history, and don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Related Posts from Honda of Kirkland
What do you do when your car stinks after taking your pup to one of the dog-friendly restaurants in Seattle? Find out how to remove odor from your car here at Honda of Kirkland. Service SpecialsSchedule Service How to Remove Odor From Car Find out how how to make your car smell good with this odor removal…
Driving to your next coffee roaster around Seattle, or headed to your favorite library branch? You’ll probably have to parallel park. Learn some parallel parking tips and parallel parking dimensions here. Cars for Uber and Lyft Drivers Contact Us How to Parallel Park Sure, you’ve taken driver’s ed and you’ve passed your test at the…
City driving involves frequent starting and stopping. So, Seattle drivers may wonder, “Why do my brakes squeak?” and, “Why are my brakes making a grinding noise?” At our Honda Service Center, we’re happy to help you out with brake service tips and tricks on your Honda Accord or Honda Civic. Learn about why your brakes…