How to Clean Leather Car Seats
Redmond drivers know that Honda models have luxurious interiors. But how do you best clean your leather car seats? Learn the specifics of leather car seat care here at Honda of Kirkland.
Check for Perforated Leather
Before you get started on cleaning your leather seats on your Honda Accord, make sure to inspect the upholstery to see if it is perforated. If you have perforated leather seats, you’ll want to prevent any moisture from seeping into the perforations. If moisture seeps into your perforations, your leather seats may get damaged.
Read Your Honda Owner’s Manual
Some vehicles come with specific instructions for cleaning the leather upholstery, including suggested products and methods. Before you clean yours, take a look at the owner’s manual of your Civic Hatchback or Honda Pilot for specific instructions.
How to Care for Leather Seats
- Vacuum your seats with a portable hose, making sure to get dirt debris out of the corners of the seats. If you can’t find a high-quality vacuum around the house, a gas station around Woodinville should do the trick.
- Remove small pieces of dirt with a soft, microfiber cloth.
- Brushthe upholstery with a leather cleaning product. Use your muscle! Be firm and somewhat abrasive in order to remove dirt that’s stuck on those seats.
- Wipe the seats after you’ve finished brushing them.
- Condition the upholstery with a microfiber cloth and a water-based pH-neutral conditioner. Doing so will make sure the leather stays healthy and doesn’t crack.
- Park your car in the shade or in your Seattle garage. Doing so will help the conditioner set in.
- Buff your seats with a microfiber cloth after a few days.
- Regularly clean your leather upholstery.
Find Professional Honda Service Near Redmond
Looking for quality Honda service near Redmond? Learn more about our car maintenance tips and tricks like how to sanitize your car, or take advantage of our service specials! While you’re here, check out the best Honda cars in history, and don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Related Posts from Honda of Kirkland
If you appreciate the seamless ride and features that come along with Honda’s signature sedan like the Honda Civic, then you can elevate to a sportier option with the new upcoming 2023 Honda Civic Type R. While a 2023 Civic Type R release date has yet to be announced, there are a few exciting tidbits…
Many drivers have opted to upgrade to a more fuel-efficient ride for their Redmond commute, and there’s sure to be a new contender at the top of your list with the release of the anticipated new 2024 Honda Prologue EV. This all-electric Honda SUV provides the enhanced fuel savings you’re looking for in a sportier…
The Honda CR-V has had stellar consumer popularity over the years. This is due in part to its practical interior, but also the amazing amenities. We’ll let you guess which category the new 2022 Honda CR-V falls into, at least for all of us here at Honda of Kirkland. When you are looking to determine whether the…