How to Clean Leather Car Seats
Redmond drivers know that Honda models have luxurious interiors. But how do you best clean your leather car seats? Learn the specifics of leather car seat care here at Honda of Kirkland.
Check for Perforated Leather
Before you get started on cleaning your leather seats on your Honda Accord, make sure to inspect the upholstery to see if it is perforated. If you have perforated leather seats, you’ll want to prevent any moisture from seeping into the perforations. If moisture seeps into your perforations, your leather seats may get damaged.
Read Your Honda Owner’s Manual
Some vehicles come with specific instructions for cleaning the leather upholstery, including suggested products and methods. Before you clean yours, take a look at the owner’s manual of your Civic Hatchback or Honda Pilot for specific instructions.
How to Care for Leather Seats
- Vacuum your seats with a portable hose, making sure to get dirt debris out of the corners of the seats. If you can’t find a high-quality vacuum around the house, a gas station around Woodinville should do the trick.
- Remove small pieces of dirt with a soft, microfiber cloth.
- Brushthe upholstery with a leather cleaning product. Use your muscle! Be firm and somewhat abrasive in order to remove dirt that’s stuck on those seats.
- Wipe the seats after you’ve finished brushing them.
- Condition the upholstery with a microfiber cloth and a water-based pH-neutral conditioner. Doing so will make sure the leather stays healthy and doesn’t crack.
- Park your car in the shade or in your Seattle garage. Doing so will help the conditioner set in.
- Buff your seats with a microfiber cloth after a few days.
- Regularly clean your leather upholstery.
Find Professional Honda Service Near Redmond
Looking for quality Honda service near Redmond? Learn more about our car maintenance tips and tricks, or take advantage of our service specials! While you’re here, check out the best Honda cars in history, and don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Related Posts from Honda of Kirkland
The 2020 Honda Pilot color options are in, and it’s time to take a look at the various styles you can get for this popular Honda SUV. Whether you’re looking for something bright and vibrant to turn heads around Redmond and Woodinville, or want something dark and sleek, you’ll have plenty of choices to suit…
If you’re looking for a powerful Honda SUV that has it all, then check out the 2020 Honda Pilot configurations. Whether you’re looking for more power on Redmond and Woodinville roads, or more technology and safety features to have your back, there’s a Pilot at a price that suits your needs. Check out the 2020…
Choosing the exterior color of your 2019 Honda Civic is, for many Redmond drivers, among the more fun parts of picking out your new sedan. Color matters, as it allows you to personalize your Civic while also loudly declaring who you are as a driver to the rest of the world. Will you choose a…