How to Clean Leather Car Seats
Redmond drivers know that Honda models have luxurious interiors. But how do you best clean your leather car seats? Learn the specifics of leather car seat care here at Honda of Kirkland.
Check for Perforated Leather
Before you get started on cleaning your leather seats on your Honda Accord, make sure to inspect the upholstery to see if it is perforated. If you have perforated leather seats, you’ll want to prevent any moisture from seeping into the perforations. If moisture seeps into your perforations, your leather seats may get damaged.
Read Your Honda Owner’s Manual
Some vehicles come with specific instructions for cleaning the leather upholstery, including suggested products and methods. Before you clean yours, take a look at the owner’s manual of your Civic Hatchback or Honda Pilot for specific instructions.
How to Care for Leather Seats
- Vacuum your seats with a portable hose, making sure to get dirt debris out of the corners of the seats. If you can’t find a high-quality vacuum around the house, a gas station around Woodinville should do the trick.
- Remove small pieces of dirt with a soft, microfiber cloth.
- Brushthe upholstery with a leather cleaning product. Use your muscle! Be firm and somewhat abrasive in order to remove dirt that’s stuck on those seats.
- Wipe the seats after you’ve finished brushing them.
- Condition the upholstery with a microfiber cloth and a water-based pH-neutral conditioner. Doing so will make sure the leather stays healthy and doesn’t crack.
- Park your car in the shade or in your Seattle garage. Doing so will help the conditioner set in.
- Buff your seats with a microfiber cloth after a few days.
- Regularly clean your leather upholstery.
Find Professional Honda Service Near Redmond
Looking for quality Honda service near Redmond? Learn more about our car maintenance tips and tricks, or take advantage of our service specials! While you’re here, check out the best Honda cars in history, and don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Related Posts from Honda of Kirkland
Honda and Toyota have been at the forefront of the market when it comes down to helpful safety technologies for your hectic Seattle commute. Both Honda Sensing Suite and Toyota Safety Sense technologies employ active features to help crashes from occurring. But which safety package — and, as a consequence, which brand — is best…
Critics are full of praise for the 2020 Honda CR-V — and its tremendous amount of cargo space is just one reason. This compact SUV’s expansive interior dimensions ensure that all 5 passengers are treated to supportive, comfortable seats and plenty of room to stretch out on long drives. You’ll find high-quality materials throughout the…
Drivers and critics alike are buzzing about the versatile 2020 Honda CR-V. This family-friendly vehicle is designed with your safety and comfort in mind, with abundant advanced technology features and comfort amenities offered standard. With four trims to choose from and plenty of available extras, you can customize your CR-V to make your daily grind…