Honda Sensing Suite vs. Toyota Safety Sense 2.0
Honda and Toyota have been at the forefront of the market when it comes down to helpful safety technologies for your hectic Seattle commute. Both Honda Sensing Suite and Toyota Safety Sense technologies employ active features to help crashes from occurring. But which safety package — and, as a consequence, which brand — is best for me? No matter if you’re behind the wheel of a sedan, SUV, van, truck, or any other vehicle style, Honda of Kirkland is here to provide everything you need to know about Honda Sensing and Toyota Safety Sense options so you can have peace of mind on Redmond and Woodinville roads and beyond.
Honda Sensing vs. Toyota Safety Sense 2.0: Standard Features
The Honda Sensing Suite, like Toyota Safety Sense, offers:
- Lane Departure Warning: Emits a helpful warning in the event of drifting.
- Forward Collision Warning: Alerts you in the unlikely event of a collision, and automatically engages the brakes if you respond too slowly.
- Auto High-Beam Headlights: Switches between high- and low-beam lights depending on select conditions.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: Helps you maintain space between the vehicle in front of you, during your Seattle commute.
However, the Honda Sensing Suite offers additional safety features — features your Kirkland family shouldn’t miss out on — across many Honda models, including every trim level of the Honda Passport midsize SUV.
What does Honda Sensing Offer that Toyota Safety Sense Doesn’t?
Honda Sensing offers the following features that Toyota Safety Sense doesn’t:
- Honda LaneWatch™: Any time you signal right, the camera on the right passenger-side mirror will display live video on your Touch-Screen.
- Blind Spot Information System: When your turning signal is on and your Honda detects a vehicle in the lane next to you, a helpful warning sound emits.
- Lane Keeping Assist System: Adjusts your steering to center your Honda between lane markers.
- Cross Traffic Monitor: When your Honda is in reverse, this system warns you of a vehicle approaching from behind.
- Auto High-Beam Headlights: When driving at night above 25 mph, your headlight system will automatically change between low and high beams depending on the driving conditions.
Which Honda Vehicles Have Honda Sensing Standard?
You can find the Honda Sensing Package in a variety of Honda styles and trim levels to meet your needs. That way you don’t have to break the bank on newer models or higher trim levels just to get the security and protection you need.
Coupes, Hatchbacks, Plug-Ins, Sedans, and Subcompacts
- Honda Accord: Standard on all trims
- Honda Civic Coupe: Standard on all trims
- Honda Civic Hatchback: Standard on all Civic Hatchback models
- Honda Civic Sedan: Standard on all trims
- Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid: Standard on all models
- Honda Insight Hybrid: Standard on all trims
- Honda Fit: Standard on EX and EX-L
Crossovers, Pickups, SUVs, and Vans
- Honda CR-V: Standard on all trims
- Honda HR-V: Standard on EX and above
- Honda Passport: Standard on all trims
- Honda Odyssey: Standard on EX and above
- Honda Pilot: Standard on all trims
- Honda Ridgeline: Standard on all trims
Rely on Honda Sensing Safety in Your Vehicle at Honda of Kirkland
Now that you’ve compared the Toyota Sensing vs. Honda Sensing options, is Honda Sensing worth it? Learn how you can upgrade your ride with this advanced system. Want to compare Honda Sensing more against Subaru’s Eyesight or Mazda’s i-ACTIVSENSE? Feel free to reference our guide. You can even check out our inventory of new, used, and certified pre-owned Honda models for sale where you can find the right model with the Honda sensing package. Our finance team is here to help get the car buying process started. Contact us to schedule a test drive in a safe and sturdy Honda today!
More from Honda of Kirkland
Redmond and Woodinville drivers looking for an expanded SUV that delivers more room, features, and capabilities are sure to find an exciting model among the new 2022 Honda Pilot configurations. You’ll find standard eight-passenger seating available on Honda Pilot trim levels such as the EX-L and Special Edition, while you can also have seven-passenger seating…
If you’re shopping for your next sedan around Redmond, then there’s no better place to start than with the new 2022 Honda Civic trims. You’ll have four Honda Civic trim levels that provide the trusted efficiency you need from a Honda along with their own features that make each stand on its own. Check out…
Along with incredible performance and towing power, the new 2022 Honda Pilot dimensions offer another layer of versatility for you to enjoy on Redmond roads. With Honda Pilot cargo space that measures maximum of 83.9 cubic feet as well as comfortable seating and so much more, it’s simple to see how this crossover is…